Lyft is an app that matches drivers with passengers who want a ride. All transactions are handled through the Lyft application, and it has been available in 95% of US cities since its founding in 2012. The company founded by Logan Green and John Zimmer as they wanted to solve their own problem–how hard it can be for two people living across town from each other to find a reliable way home after drinking alcohol at dinner together or attending another event?
Lyft is a company that hires drivers who can use their own cars or rent from the company. They are currently looking for experienced and secure drivers to join with them! They work through an app-based program used throughout America as well. Visit the careers page if you want to be hired by Lyft.
Work Facts at Lyft
- Age Requirement: 21 years old (That’s the minimum age requirement for any Lyft driver, with a few exceptions in some regions. Also, you must have a valid license and proof of insurance).
- Working Hours: Drivers can take 6-hour breaks every 12 hours they’re in driver mode.
Available Job Positions at Lyft
- Community Associate
- Software Engineer
- Operations Lead
- Data Scientist
- Fleet Coordinator
- Customer Experience Associate
- Financial Analyst
What is the Salary Range for Lyft Employees?
Driver: Lyft drivers can typically earn between $16 to $50 per hour, though they may be able to get higher than that depending on their location or number of hours worked in the week.
Software Engineer: The Software engineers at Lyft are responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, and updating their routing algorithms to optimize efficiency. They can expect to make $180k a year.
Community Associate: At Lyft, all Community Associates must work hard to provide a pleasant experience for passengers. With an hourly wage of $19 – $23 and the potential to earn additional tips on top of that, it’s easy to see how this can be one of the best jobs in town!
What are the Benefits of Working at Lyft?
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401(k) retirement plan for your future
- 20% discount on all Lyft rides
How to Apply at Lyft?
If you want to apply online job application visit the official site and follow these steps.
- Go to the Lyft career website.
- Click on the “Search job openings” button to see the job list.
- On the following page, you will see a list of open job positions and filter your search results by category and locations.
- Click on one of the jobs that you think is suitable for you.
- If you want to continue your job application, you should click on the “Apply” button at the top-right of the page.
- To finish your application, you have to upload the required documents (Resume, Personal Information) and click on the “Submit Application” button at the bottom of the page.
- After filling your application you need to submit your application by reading the last important information about the application steps.
As an independent contractor, you’ll deliver groceries, take care of dinner, and have more time to pursue your passions. Apply now and start driving for Lyft today! We wish you the best of luck on this new and exciting opportunity!
Lyft Careers FAQs
Q: What is Lyft?
Lyft matches drivers with passengers who request rides through the Lyft smartphone app.
Q: How much do I get paid as a driver?
Drivers typically keep 80% of the fare and Lyft takes 20% to cover costs like fuel, insurance, and more. You’ll make about $14 – $20 per hour after expenses on average.
Q: How many hours do I need to work?
Drivers set their own schedule: some work full time, while others just drive for a few hours here or there in addition to their full-time job. Some drivers stop driving when they reach a certain income level; others may want to continue driving until they can maximize earnings from vehicle cost savings and bonuses (like those offered by their Express Drive program).
Q: How do I get paid?
Lyft pays weekly, so you can focus on driving.
Q: When will I get paid?
Lyft sends payments on Wednesdays and your payment is based on the number of rides.