Walmart is a company that has had many stores in the past years. They have about 11,500 of them and 1 million employees worldwide which makes it one of the biggest companies out there today. Walmart started operating in 1961 with hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores all over 27 countries around the world because they know how to make people happy at an affordable price!
Walmart offers various customer service positions to entry-level workers as well as managerial jobs. If you’re looking for a job at Walmart, they may have the perfect opportunity waiting just for you!
The retail company is always hiring new employees with all different backgrounds. Managers are also in high demand and there are many opportunities available at any time, so it’s worth checking out now before your dream position gets taken by someone else first!
Work Facts at Walmart
- Age Requirement: 16-18 years old
- Working Hours: The stores are open around the clock 24/7 to satisfy our customers’ needs.
Available Job Positions at Walmart
- Sales Associate
- Department Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Pharmacy Manager
- Freight Handler
- Order Filler
- Customer Service Representative
- Software Engineer
- Support Manager
- Distribution Manager
- Data Scientist
What is the Salary Range for Walmart Jobs?
Cashier: One of the most important roles in any store is that of a cashier. You will be responsible for accepting payments from customers and bagging their items after they have been shopped. Cashiers who work here are paid $10/hour which can change depending on your experience level with Walmart’s policies and procedures.
Driver: The position of Driver is an exciting opportunity to earn a decent living and make your mark on the world. As well as being responsible for transporting products safely, you’ll also be required to unload them at the destination location. In addition to earning an average salary of $90,000 per year and the benefits that come with such as paid vacation time for work-related illnesses or injuries in most states.
Sales Associate: You will have the opportunity to meet new people and help them find their desired products in Walmart. You should be knowledgeable about a wide range of items they sell, so you can answer customer inquiries with ease. Your hard work pays off by way of $13/hour plus commission!
What are the Benefits of Working at Walmart?
Working at Walmart will give you plenty of on-the-job benefits! You’ll get the industry’s most competitive pay, paid training for your new job and more. Take a look below to see just some of what they offer:
- Store uniforms and nametags when joining us as an employee
- Access to free meals during work hours
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Health Insurance
How to Get Hired at Walmart?
If you want to apply online job application form visit the official site and follow these steps.
- Go to the Walmart career website.
- On the following page, you will see a list of open job positions and filter your search results by career areas, brands, employment type and rate.
- Click on one of the jobs that you think is suitable for you.
- If you want to continue your job application, you should click on the “Apply” button at the top-right of the page.
- On the following page, you have to create a login ID/Password (if you already have one, you can use that).
- To finish your application, you have to upload the required documents and Personal Information and click on the “Next” button.
- After filling your application you need to submit your application by reading the last important information about the application steps.
The current job market is hot, so get on board with a company that offers an excellent reputation to start your career today.
Walmart Careers FAQs
Q: Where can I apply for a Walmart job?
Walmart jobs are available at nationwide stores. You can visit any store to fill out an application or you can apply online here.
Q: How much do I make working at Walmart?
The typical hourly wage for full-time hourly associates is $13-$14 and the average yearly salary rangeS from $24,000-$25,000.
Q: What are the criteria to get a job at Walmart?
You must be 18 years of age or older, have a high school diploma or equivalent, and at least three months of experience in retail.
Q: What are the benefits of working at Walmart?
Walmart is an industry leader in providing competitive wages, affordable health care, and strong investment in career opportunities. They offer more than 1 million associates around the world access to our full suite of benefits including a 401(k) plan.
Q: When can I start work?
If you’re qualified for a certain position, they’ll be eager to find out when you want your first day on the job to be! You’ll need to pass a drug test and background check or provide them with a valid state-issued ID that shows proof of US citizenship or temporary residence status.