The Replenishment Planner’s main responsibility is to manage and maintain proper inventory levels for multiple product categories throughout all Ace Retail Support Centers (RSC’s). This is accomplished through the analysis of retailer demands, historical forecasts, and vendor lead times. The Replenishment Planner would be responsible for the creation of vendor purchase orders and ensuring timely delivery, in correct quantities, while responding to changing demand patterns. Effectively and efficiently manage inventory levels at the RSC’s while striving to maximize both service and inventory turnover. Additionally, works to ensure that the needs of the retailers are met whenever possible.
- Calculate, Review and Release suggested orders creating vendor purchase orders – analyze due orders and included items using the forecast and demand history. Ensure that data collected from review of Lost Sales/Projected outs are included in the buying process.
- Retailer Requests- field requests via phone, email, and the message boards. Communicate with retailer to determine nature of request. Provide answer to retailer as quickly as possible. Utilize knowledge of Ace and rely on relationships built with vendors, co-workers, and individuals within the company to generate answer in a timely manner.
- Updating PO ETAs – Provide updates on purchase orders and individual SKUs to prioritize the receipt of items into the RSC’s. Ensure that SAP is properly maintained through the removal of old or un-received orders. Open lines in SAP should be analyzed to determine if any patterns can be identified.
- Receiving/Inventory Exceptions- Provide disposition on shipping, receiving, or inventory errors. Clear communication with RSC and vendor personnel is a necessity. Replenishment Planner must often negotiate with vendor to resolve financial and inventory concerns.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Preferred emphasis in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Operations, Finance, or a business-related field, or equivalent functional area).
- Basic knowledge of SAP ERP system and transactions.
- Familiarity with fulfillment and demand planning software programs.
- Analytical Skills: The ability to assess and manipulate large sets of data, solve problems and make decision with the information provided.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.