As a strategic partner, the HR Supervisor is responsible for driving the HR department goals and objectives in alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the Distribution Center. The HR Supervisor serves as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues. A successful HR Supervisor will act as employee champion and change agent. The HR Supervisor assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively to the HR Manager, the HR Supervisor seeks to develop integrated solutions. The HR Supervisor formulates partnerships across the HR function, in both the Distribution Center and Ace Corporate to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HR Supervisor maintains an effective level of business literacy about the Distribution Center’s financial position, its goals and objectives and its culture as well as outside trends that may impact the business. Will provide HR supervision and presence for 2nd and 3rd shifts in the Distribution Center.
- Recruiting for exempt and non-exempt roles, as needed.
- Provide assistance and management of LOAs and workers’ compensation claims for 2nd and 3rd shift employees.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current employment laws and maintains compliance.
- Responsible for benefits on the 2nd and 3rd shift including benefits orientation sessions, life events, open enrollment, 401(k), notifications and doctors’ notes.
- Report turnover and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive HR experience.
- Prefer candidate who is fluent in Spanish.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to create effective relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Successful and demonstrated HR generalist experience with proven track record in compensation practices, organizational development, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and respective state employment laws.