As an intern, the Dolby U program offers impactful, project-based work experience in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders. Amplify your insatiable curiosity by implementing real-world solutions that revolutionize how people communicate and how entertainment is created, delivered, and enjoyed worldwide. For anyone seeking to gain invaluable expertise through meaningful, personal contributions, join us to design a future where technology meets entertainment!
- Create modular, well-organized and properly documented code
- Coordinate development activities with both internal members of the video engineering team, R&D, QA and selected external companies in a professional manner using latest software tools to enhance the communication
- Optimize and customize the reference code to various chipsets designed using SIMD, GPU Shaders, etc.
- Develop unit tests, regression tests and other test vectors to validate the implementations.
- Produce and maintain accurate documentation and software archives
- Analyze and understand the system architecture of the SoC chipsets used in consumer devices supplied by partner companies and create high level design to map the Dolby technologies on their products
- Participate and contribute to future concepts related to the Dolby video technologies and implementation vehicles for other Dolby technology
- Continue to assess alternate IC platforms for suitability for implementation of Dolby video technologies
- Experience in real time embedded software development or system software development using Android, Linux and similar CE device oriented operating systems and related development tools
- Experience with optimizing algorithms using assembly, SIMD (Neon/AVX), GPU programming using OpenGL or DirectX, etc.
- Experience with Android architecture, AOSP source code, iOS architecture, Gaming platform architecture such as PS4 or Xbox is a plus.
- Experience with MPEG-DASH, HDMI and DisplayPort is a plus
Qualification & Experience:
- Deep Understanding of embedded software development and operating system concepts
- Experience with C or C++ programming