As a Real-time Media Architect, you will be responsible for architecting video client/server/service implementations for the Dolby.io interactivity service. You will be part of a global team working on a platform to provide audio/video communications APIs/SDKs and services to developers. You will work directly with the engineering teams architecting solutions to improve video quality and resilience. You will also help direct Dolby’s research teams on future experiences – the aim is to ensure that these future experiences will be deployable in our service.
- Represent the team and Company during internal/external customer interactions.
- Establish video design requirements and performance goals.
- Keep up to date with the evolving video ecosystem changes related to codecs, WebRTC, phones, and related technologies.
- Communicate technical concepts effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Advise the team on solutions to solve video problems as they occur based on platform (browser, device, and network issues)
- Efficiently handle ambiguity and multiple competing priorities at work.
- Work with Dolby research teams to influence their direction so that relevant research outcomes are practical for real-time video services.
- Experience working within cross-functional, fast-paced teams and coordinating efforts to solve problems and develop innovative products.
- An innate interest to stay abreast of new technologies, market trends, changing customer needs and the strategies of competitors.
- Proficiency in signal processing
- Exposure to machine learning.
- Experience working in Agile/SCRUM environments.
- Proficiency in developing software in C/C++ and Java.
Qualification & Experience:
- BSEE, MSEE or equivalent with at least 10+ years of relevant software engineering experience.