Dolby’s Intellectual Property Protection & Enforcement (IPPE) group, located in San Francisco CA, is looking for an intern to help secure Dolby Intellectual Property (IP) through technical solutions. The challenges of using IP in an unauthorized manner affect most companies, and Dolby is no exception.
The intern will be partnered with IPPE team members to assist the IP technical security team in information gathering and research, data analysis, and validation documenting and designing new initiatives in security processes. This candidate will also gain significant experience working to validate key partners within Dolby’s ecosystem. There will also be direct exposure to Dolby’s technologies and licensing models, therefore requiring strong attention to detail and strong communication skills. The intern may also be asked to support other enforcement activities conducted by the IPPE team as they come up.
- Keen on learning Intellectual Property Security concepts
- Strong research methods and skills are essential for gathering intelligence and implementing it into assigned tasks
- Comprehension of software reverse engineering
- Solid written and verbal communications skill
- Understanding of different business tools to create and define security processes
- Knowledge of cryptography concepts
- Interested and excited to learn applications that are used to run the business
- Affluent in programming skills (C and C++) to handle independent development projects
Qualification & Experience:
- Seeking candidates who are pursuing, or have recently completed, a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field. Coursework in Criminal Justice or Security Management is preferred but not required; recent grads who are within 6 months of graduation are also eligible to apply