We are seeking a Sr. Program Manager to join the Consumer Entertainment Group based in Sunnyvale, CA, to help scale Dolby Vision and bring the next generation of spectacular video experiences to market. You will use your business and technical acumen to ensure that programs are efficiently executed to meet the strategic market needs and opportunities. You will drive complex programs from initiation to delivery while using your careful planning, schedule management, influencing, and communication skills.
- Provide timely and effective program status updates to senior management and recommend potential corrective actions as appropriate.
- Ensure that Dolby’s process methodologies, templates, and tools are properly applied to all programs.
- Ensure effective teamwork and communication with key stakeholders and that the overall business objectives are being met.
- Anticipate problems and build risk mitigation plans accordingly. Communicate critical issues in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the refinement of program management methodologies within Dolby. You’ll improve development and business processes continuously within programs, while coaching and learning from fellow program managers.
- Partner with key stakeholders in each group to align on overall objectives and plan and gain their support.
- Demonstrated ability to drive a cross-functional team towards complex decision making by using sound judgement and persuasion across all levels of the organization.
- Practical experience with risk analysis, conflict resolution and meeting facilitation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be comfortable discussing technical details with engineering teams as well as synthesizing concise core messages for senior executives.
- You should be able to effectively navigate the organizations formal/informal structures to build relationships in order to effectively partner and get things done through influence, without any formal authority.
- Knowledge and demonstrable skillful application of program and project management practices, tools, and processes as they apply to product development.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working with SoC developers and an understanding of SoC hardware and software architectures, development cycles and test methodologies are important.