Dolby is looking to hire a mid-level Contracts Administrator to assist in managing the licensing contract process under the direction of an senior licensing attorney and contracts specialist (day-to-day manager) in the IP Transactions and Legal Affairs department. The candidate will be responsible for contributing to a successful contracts management program that is responsive to the business needs of the organization while managing risk and adhering to company policies. You will also be responsible for assisting with drafting agreements under attorney supervision, creating forms, obtaining necessary internal approvals and administrating a wide variety of licensing and revenue generating and non-revenue generating agreements.
- Project manage contracts throughout the contracts cycle, including standard contract generation, redlining, approval escalation, record management and post execution support.
- Review requests for technology agreements or to modify contract terms, while working with internal business partners to negotiate terms and obtain approvals for modifications as required.
- Manages assigned regional requests proficiently
- Applies programmatic understanding of Dolby technologies to move deal forward
- Provides contracts administration support to attorneys and direct manager, including handling document revisions and circulating/tracking documents to all parties from drafting to full agreement execution.
- Assisting with drafting of legal documents with oversight of attorney
- Draft and revise contract wording while assessing risk and providing recommendations to protect Dolby’s interests
- A high degree of familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Self-starter who will continuously look for opportunities to improve processes.
- Must be comfortable managing and prioritizing competing priorities and frequent interruptions while maintaining close attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- A high level of office maturity, professionalism, integrity, reliability, discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Smartsheets, Box, Salesforce, Apttus or other similar CRM tools, a plus.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience contract management