As a Senior Audio Systems Engineer in the Dolby Consumer Entertainment Group, you are part of a team that creates system development materials that enable Dolby’s partners to design and build world-class living room entertainment products based on a new generation of Dolby Technologies. Your team’s mission is to ensure that Dolby Audio Processing technologies are correctly integrated and that the acoustic performance of livingroom entertainment products is optimized to meet Dolby’s standards.
- You’ll collaborate with technical writers and engineering teams to create customer-facing documentation that provides system development guidance Dolby’s partners who are developing livingroom entertainment products.
- Assist in prototyping audio subsystems used to identify and understand system development challenges, and to develop solutions/guidance included in system development kits.
- Your ability to tune and optimize the acoustic performance of reference designs and demo platforms using a variety of internal and external DSP tools, will be important for this role.
- We’ll depend on you for setup, configuration, and maintenance of labs and test environments.
- Understanding of DSP as applied to audio processing.
- Familiarity with acoustic measurement tools and methods.
- Ability to perform basic programming and modification of software code; familiarity with C/C++, XML, Python, Matlab, and Julia
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced engineering environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.