The ideal candidate will have endless curiosity and can pair a global mindset with locally relevant execution. You should be a gritty problem solver and self-starter who can drive programs with the product and commercial teams within Roku and across external strategic partner organizations. The successful candidate will display a balance of hard and soft skills, including the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs.
- Own the data mapping, business logic, and transformations
- Build quality data solutions and refine existing diverse datasets to simplified models encouraging self-service
- Drive efforts to improve the data quality across our data pipelines and implement system controls for managing data quality
- Build automation to develop observability and help with debugging, performance measurement & optimization on large production clusters
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented language is desired, Java preferred
- Experience in big data technologies like HDFS, YARN, Map-Reduce, Hive, Kafka, Spark, Airflow, Redshift, etc.
- Experience with AWS, Looker is a plus
- Strong data modeling skills
Qualification & Experience:
- 10+ years professional experience as a data or software engineer
- Experience leading a team or mentoring junior engineers preferred
- BS in Computer Science; MS in Computer Science preferred