System Applications and Products (SAP)
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Within ISBN Marketing & Solutions, the Solution Managers create a differentiated and meaningful value proposition that connects the needs of the market to SAP’s portfolio of products and services. We are the bridge between our Product Engineering and Customer Success groups, providing thought leadership, clarity on related opportunity and the orchestration of our overall business growth plan. We measure our success by our ability to develop relevant, market leading solution strategies and work with solution marketing to create corresponding creative, innovative marketing strategies that, together, gain audience mindshare, establish SAP as a market leader and ultimately, drive business success and portfolio growth that support our revenue ambition.
The Solution Manager, Expertise & Care owns the data-driven development of the portfolio and solution strategy for Concur’s offering to market. They will achieve pipeline objectives, ensure solution deployment, and deliver market adoption for Concur. This leader will work collaboratively with other leaders within ISBN/Concur and the broader SAP community. The Solution Manager will be recognized as a thought leader in Expertise & Care and evangelist driving core solution strategies, customer solution adoption and positive external company perceptions of SAP Concur in the B2B category. In addition to being a thought leader, this leader needs to be highly analytical and strategic.
The Solution Manager, Expertise & Care will be responsible for creating comprehensive, data-driven, solution strategies in collaboration with product engineering leaders, marketing leaders, and customer success. This leader will drive internal alignment by rallying teams around coordinated, strategic investments in target audience segments. It requires a fundamental shift in thinking to “Who is my right audience? What do members of this audience care about? What are competitors doing? What are customer needs? Can we help them fulfil those needs? More importantly, should we prioritize those needs?” Those questions should be answered in a structured, and analytical, data-driven analysis with recommendations.
The successful candidate must be comfortable collaborating with solution area leaders including commercial, product strategy and engineering leaders, as well as marketing leaders in the corporate marketing and field teams.
- Define, own and drive the overall multi-year market strategy and business growth plan for Concur’s solutions addressing the Expertise and Care space.
- Synthesize inputs from Customer Success, Marketing, Industry sources to create data driven analysis to inform our strategy and accurately prioritize the most critical opportunities for investment and, potentially, dis-investment in Expertise and Care space.
- Understand and influence commercial terms (pricing and licensing), packaging (solution bundles) and promotion strategy (i.e. LEPs) for solutions in Expertise & Care areas.
- Leverage SOLEX and ISV ecosystem strategy, if needed, to help solve large, and relevant customer needs for solutions in Expertise & Care .
- Ensure articulation of the unique business value of Concur Expertise and Care solutions, working with Solution Marketing to create compelling marketing programs that engage audiences across the customer lifecycle.
- Support strategy/interaction with market stakeholders such as Analyst Relations, Public Relations, internal communications, and other communication channels (i.e., social media) to deliver thought leader messages into the market.
- Provide training & field enablement material for relevant solutions.
- Evaluate and analyze success and product health of Concur’s current solutions in Expertise & Care area and champion for necessary changes to be successful.
- 5+ years of proven high-impact analytical approach, strategy creation, or solution management.
- Track record of success building growth plans, driving strategy development, executing with a performance management lens and an ability to work through ambiguity.
- Experience in expense management and/or Expertise and Care space preferred, with industry / ecosystem awareness to understand and capitalize on trends to drive portfolio differentiation and growth.
- Strong collaborator who can manage across the organization, working with teams such as Sales, Marketing, Product Engineering, Finance and Operations.
- Experienced communicator, with strong oral and written communication skills, who is capable of influencing others.
- Confidently and eloquently represents the business value of our solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree/MBA or equivalent work experience required.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [email protected]
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Requisition ID: 343668 | Work Area: Solution and Product Management | Expected Travel: 0 – 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual – USA
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org