The Platform Product Management team works closely with IT engineers to guide products from conception to launch, and with our business stakeholders to drive successful business outcomes. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design solutions with our creative and prolific engineers and then zoom out to interface and influence matrix teams such as Sales, Marketing and Finance, to name a few. You will recruit, build and manage a world-class product team, and evaluate feedback from support teams and users to continuously measure and improve product performance.
- Influence senior executives and the broader organization as to the product direction and other key strategic considerations.
- Partner with other product managers, development managers, project managers, and technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies, and releases to mitigate risks and issues.
- Actively network with key industry contacts to understand standard methodologies and emerging trends for the domain and how they can be used within the company.
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA or equivalent to manage backlogs and document features.
- Excellent written documentation and executive presentation abilities.
- Travel up to 25% between Splunk San Jose and San Francisco offices to meet with key partners.
Qualification & Experience:
- 7+ years of technical product management experience
- 4+ years of experience leading product management teams, including a geographically dispersed workforce.