We seek an Industry Relations Lead who is experienced in navigating the complex networks of industry (Payments + Financial Services) partners. We seek someone who is passionate about advancing the entire industry towards a fairer financial system and, in doing so, serving small business owners. We seek someone who will encourage the industry towards decentralization, new standards, and openness to Square’s innovation, products, and services. We seek someone who can serve our Sellers by managing foundational industry and regulatory relationships, and the daily operations for incoming and outgoing payments.
- We envision a fairer financial system, one in which everyone has access. We first reinvented Payments, democratizing access to credit card processing. Today, millions of sellers entrust us daily to ensure they “never miss a sale.” Square Payments manages every dollar, euro, and yen that moves through our banks, partners, card networks, and internal systems.
- An ability to identify and analyze nascent industry movements
- The ability to lead, inspire, and explain
- Experience building relationships with diverse sets of stakeholders and developing consensus
- 15+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 12+ years with a Master’s degree
- A passion for Square, and for humbly serving our Sellers
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior experience within and a deep understanding of the payments industry
- Experience on an executive-level deal team
- Direct experience negotiating company-wide contracts with card networks