As a leader within the Appointments team, you will be responsible for managing a team of iOS engineers that designs, builds, and maintains our native apps across iOS, Android and Square’s own hardware platform (Register). Your team will have direct responsibility for launching critical new features that help our merchants, across the world, manage their schedules, payments, employees and customers. As a member of the Appointments leadership bench you will also advocate for making continuous investments in developer productivity and code quality along with feature delivery.
- Form excellent working relationships with your counterparts in design, product, marketing, external QA vendors and other engineering and business teams across Square.
- Plan, organize, schedule & document team’s work to ensure successful project execution.
- Participate in technical, design, and product discussions with teams across the organization.
- Passion for building remarkable experiences in mobile applications.
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others.
- Strong command of iOS development from previous technical experience.
Qualification & Experience:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical, working experience (6+ years preferred)
- At least 2 years experience managing engineers (including providing feedback, investing in the career growth of your team members and growing teams).