User Research champions the human-centered exploration of complex problems using evidence, data and insight to help us make better decisions. This Lead User Researcher reports to Head of UXR and is part of the Product team within Square eCommerce. You will work in partnership with best-in-class product managers, designers, marketers, engineers, alongside other researchers and partners to deliver insights that drive remarkable omnichannel solutions to support our sellers
- Identify knowledge gaps, develop research plans, and deliver high quality research outcomes.
- Connect insights and approaches across multiple squads and data sources to encourage a holistic view that is biased towards action.
- Be the dedicated researcher for multiple squads and build strong relationships with stakeholders and leaders of the organization.
- Find creative ways to present and evangelize insights throughout the organization, and help cultivate a highly informed, curious, and empathetic learning culture..
- Strong expertise in both qual and quant research methods, comfortable leading multiple mixed-methods research projects simultaneously.
- A keen eye for identifying knowledge gaps and ability to develop holistic research agendas to fill such gaps.
- A collaborative mindset, with experience working across teams and forging strong partnerships.
- A passion to build user-focused products that solve important problems.
Qualification & Experience:
- 6+ years’ experience conducting UX research, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of a range of user research methods, such as in-depth user interviews, contextual inquiry, journey mapping, participatory design, usability testing, and surveys.