McKinsey & Company
- BA/BS or Minor in Engineering (Master’s strongly preferred)
- 2-10 years hands-on experience in a high performance manufacturing environment is required (e.g., Operations Manager, Process Engineer, Quality lead)
- Experience in the area of digital manufacturing a plus, with exposure to advanced manufacturing technologies including digital and big data, and working with initiatives such as design for manufacturability (DFM), computer integrated manufacturing (CIM), flexible manufacturing and 3D technologies
- Must have current and deep knowledge in process redesign, utilizing Lean transformation tools and techniques rooted in the Toyota Production System
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
What You’ll Do
You will work as a client-facing consultant, a source of expertise for colleagues, and as a forward-thinking knowledge builder in the best practices of transformation.
You will use your expertise to drive change in system and network redesign, as well as improvements to the overall execution of large operations—thus the work will range from shop floor improvements to fundamental changes in work processes, and information and material flows.
You will make a meaningful, hands-on contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
Who You’ll Work With
At McKinsey, you can build a career out of making things happen! You’ll be working with McKinsey’s Manufacturing practice service line in North America. Our Manufacturing practice assists our clients in solving the world’s toughest problems. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients’ most critical problems on a global scale.